Here are some healthy suggestions for disease control to help prevent catching viruses or other illnesses…
- Train yourself not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth. This is a tough one, but it’s habit that will serve you the rest of your life, helping you avoid the Coronavirus, colds, flu and other viruses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t ave soap or water available, use an alcohol-based hand santizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching common public surfaces that other people touch – like door panels, doorknobs etc.
- Clean and frequently disinfect surfaces and objects (like your mobile phone) that are frequently touched. You can use a regular household cleaner or wipe for this.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill or showing symptoms.
- If you are ill, stay home.
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, and then throw the tissue immediately in the bin.
Here are some other thing you can do to boost your immunity:
- Get enough sleep. This can help improve your body’s natural immune function.
- Reduce stress. Chronic stress appears to wear down your immune system and make you more vulnerable to illness.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet (low in sugar). A balanced diet rich in antioxidants (found in vegetables and fruits) and healthy fats can help support your immune system.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps your cells operate optimally, plus it helps you body more easily process food and eliminate waste.
- Exercise. Moderate to intense workouts lasting under an hour help boost your immune system both immediately and in the long run.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254618301005?via%3Dihub https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/prevent.html https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1087079211000566 http://www.eurekaselect.com/88373/article https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037%2F0033-2909.130.4.601